Fatigue and exhaustion, feeling faint or even actually fainting, especially just after getting up from a lying or sitting position, are typical symptoms of extremely low blood pressure. Make sure you get your blood pressure checked regularly by your doctor or at a pharmacy.
Low Blood Pressure Remedies –
- Pump up the fluids. Dehydration reduces blood volume, which can lead to low blood pressure.
- Drink black tea; it is a stimulant. But do not let it steep for longer than 3–5 minutes.
- Sleep with your upper body slightly elevated to stimulate circulation and make it easier to bounce out of bed in the morning.
- Have a shot glass of rosemary wine with a meal at midday and in the evening to help boost blood circulation. To make it, pour about 3 cups (750 ml) white wine over a heaping tablespoon (20 g) fresh rosemary leaves. Strain and bottle after 5 days.
- Indulge a sweet tooth with licorice. Eat one small piece a day, no more than 1 tablespoon (15 g). The active ingredient in it, glycyrrhizin, can have undesirable side effects if consumed in large quantities.
- Soak 30 raisins in water overnight. Raisins may help to regulate blood pressure. Eat the raisins in the morning and drink the raisin water.
- Alternate cold and hot water during your morning shower. This practice has long been a tradition in some parts of Europe. It forces blood vessels to contract then expand and helps blood pressure to return to normal.
- Begin with warm water. Then after 2 minutes, turn the temperature to cold for 15 seconds. Repeat the procedure three times, always ending with cold water.
- Get moving. Physical activity increases blood pressure, so try a regime of light exercises such as walking, swimming, or cycling.
- Remember to first clear any exercise program with your doctor.
Brush Massage –
- Massage may help those with high blood pressure to cope with stress.
- Start with a natural-bristle brush on the back of your right foot and brush your right leg up to the buttock using a circular motion, first on the outside, then the inside.
- Repeat on the left leg.
- Brush your buttocks, upper body, and arms, again using a circular motion.
- Finally, ask your partner to massage your back using the same technique.